[ale] converting old 8mm film to dvd

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 10:59:00 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Lightner, Jeff <jlightner at water.com>wrote:

> If you'd ever been stuck in India and seen a very bad quality VHS tape
> of Starship Troopers that was obviously made by someone filming the
> screen with a camcorder you'd know trying to do it yourself without
> proper equipment isn't a good idea.
>
> It didn't help that Starship Troopers itself was an abomination as
> compared to the original Robert A. Heinlein novel it was based on.  I've
> also never been a fan of films that thought being gross somehow added to
> the suspense.

Gross part being : "I can die now that I've had you"

I was torn between vomiting and running for the door.

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992