[ale] FC13 install on a laptop

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Jul 31 06:24:45 EDT 2010

On Fri July 30 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Anaconda, Fedora's installer default is to use the whole drive. You
> should be able to select custom layout for hard drive setup. It should
> be the upper region of the dialogue a check box next to custom layout or
> setup, something to that affect. It then goes to another dialogue
> allowing you to select what drive(s), partition(s) or unused space on an
> existing drive. You can setup to use LVM as well as encrypting the
> device. (Fedora defaults to use LVM by the way so just watch what you
> check and select). Should be fairly easy from there.

you have to initialize the drive FIRST.. which removes everything on it.
That's the dilemma, I can't get to the custom screen without initializing the
drive.. If you select NOT to initialize ( ignore) it says there is no
partitions to put it on. I've done custom partitioning for RHEL, but it won't
get past that initialize screen.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800