[ale] Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Thu Jul 29 22:29:03 EDT 2010

I don't know if the problem is Win7, but I just partitioned an Asus
EeePC using the UNR ISO applied to a thumb drive via UNetBootin in the
XP install it came with. I didn't accept the default install option. I
manually partitioned the drive to give XP the first 30G. The OEM
recovery partition occupied the last 5G and I left it alone. I gave
UNR the rest of the middle of the 160G drive. Works like a charm. I
just wonder if I should have gave it a swap partition.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> On 07/29/2010 09:33 PM, Daniel Howard wrote:
>> Has anyone tried setting up a netbook dual boot UNR/Win7?  Can't find
>> anyone on the web that has done it with UNR, and my daughter still wants
>> to be able to use iTunes, but doesn't want to use Windows for general
>> web access for virus/security concerns.  I read that UNR (like Ubuntu
>> Studio) only wants to install using the whole drive, so is a dual boot
>> even possible with UNR/Win7?
>
> When I click 'Show me how' for 'Install it!' at
> http://www.ubuntu.com/netbook/get-ubuntu/download it looks like UNR uses
> the standard Ubuntu installer, which will let you set up dual-boot easily.
>
> --
> All the best,
> Brian Pitts

.!# RichardBronosky #!.