[ale] ALE DayTime Meeting

Derek Carter (aka goozbach) goozbach at friocorte.com
Fri Jan 22 14:38:36 EST 2010

On 01/22/2010 01:03 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:55, Derek Carter (aka goozbach)
> <goozbach at friocorte.com>  wrote:
>> Like I mentioned last night, I'm interested in starting up a daytime SIG
>> related to ALE.
>
> Everyday, or just some days? :-)  (Jim Kinney may think that's an ass
> like comment but it's not intended that way)
>
> Whilst out in CA over last Summer I tagged along on a couple of these:
> http://promenade.thursdaylunch.com/
>
> Basically they meet every thursday at noon in a central place, and
> then gravitate to a nearby restaurant.   What about meeting once a
> week some where fairly popular in the Fairlie Poplar area?  (Jim
> Kinney, that wasn't an asshat comment either)
>
> -Jim P.

I'm actually thinking of something more formal, with a proper presentation.

Here's a link of a like meeting which the Salt Lake Unix Users Group does..

http://sexysexypenguins.com/2009/07/03/meeting-sllug-daytime-sig-cobbler-the-powerful/

As far as getting out of the office...  If you bring a sandwich you can
spend the time you would have spent searching for a fast food joint,
waiting in line for your food, eating it, and then getting back to the
office in a presentation being enlightened and networking with your
peers in the Linux community.

--
Derek aka goozbach