[ale] 64bit or 32bit

scott boss scott at sboss.net
Thu Jan 21 14:45:17 EST 2010

does 64bit perform better?  Only if the complete stack (application,
os, drivers, hardware) can support it.  If any one item in the stack
doesn't use the 64bit-ness then 32bit at that point is good for you
across the board.

Smaller low IO servers don't need or benefit from 64bit.  Other end of
the scale would be hindered by 32bit systems..

Sent from my mobile...