[ale] 64bit or 32bit

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:32:31 EST 2010

With 2GB of RAM I don't think it is much of an issue. But it is an
issue with less system memory. One of the VPS solutions I am looking
at right now offers 32-bit and 64-bit systems. According to
independent reviews, the 32-bit systems, on the cheaper packages with
less RAM, perform better than the 64-bit systems in most scenarios.
Database servers, in these reviews, are where the 64-bit systems show
an advantage.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/