[ale] 64bit or 32bit

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jan 21 12:54:03 EST 2010

On 01/21/2010 12:49 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 12:18 -0500, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>> >  Also, application
>> >  software no longer has a 3 GB per process limit on memory, so if you
>> >  work with large amounts of data (and have the memory to do it) you can
>> >  do so without any trickery or very slow operations.
> Awesome.  So Firefox and Evolution will run better eh?

LOL!

I fired both of those... quite surprisingly, it seems that TB3 runs
pretty nicely without chewing up a ton of resources, though.  It's only
using 100MB or so of my RAM (though I still think that for a mail client
that is far too much, it's smaller than Evo's footprint in RAM on my
system).

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch - mike at trausch.us
Tel: (404) 592-5746 x1