[ale] IPV6 & Linksys router

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Apr 26 14:53:29 EDT 2010

On Mon April 26 2010, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> >> # modprobe ipv6
> >> WARNING: Module off not found.
> >> WARNING: Module off not found.
> >
> > If that's a direct paste, there is something very wrong with your
> > system, and I don't even have a clue what.  AFAIK, there is no module
> > named "off".
>
> He, or someone else, have previously aliased net-pf-10 as off

DING ! You win the  door prize!!
yep, I finally figured out & looked around /etc modprobe.d/aliases & local.
Once I UNDID that, I was able to reconfigure the tunnel as per the
instructions and my ifconfig now added this section:

he-ipv6   Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
          inet6 addr: 2001:470:7:238::2/64 Scope:Global
          inet6 addr: fe80::d041:5b6b/128 Scope:Link
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1480  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

no packets yet. do I need to restart networking ?
how about adding he-ipv6 to the interfaces file?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800