[ale] ubuntu versus fedora

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 10:20:03 EDT 2010

Fedora's bleeding edge (knife just entered the wrist) use of network manager
has been a thorn in their otherwise pretty solid builds. They have finally
backed off the use of development (pre-alpha IMO) versions and it's become
stable and usefull. The first iterations were sorry incomplete gui crap over
multiple config files. It still seems to use a special file set for
networkmanager that then writes the real network config files. So a manual
edit of the real config files is a very bad thing. Grrr.

On Apr 17, 2010 10:03 AM, "Larry Johnson" <larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com>