[ale] Update Linux alternative to Sharepoint

Craig Button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:08:54 EDT 2009

I actually did.  I need document sharing/collaboration, and a discussion
forum.  Nothing fancy.  25 - 100 users max, to coordinate grant and
scholarship awards.  And there was no mention of custom branding at all. So
far SharePoint has only made things easier.  I'm not sure how taking 2 hours
from turning the on switch to having 25 users playing with is to complicated
to the average user.  Everything Linux that I've tried was too complicated
for the average user.   Bloated and expensive, no argument there.  Due to
restriction by the people involved I have to keep the MS Office stuff.
We're using everything from word, excel and power point.  My fiscal
responsibility is to keep overhead to less than 3% of initial capital.