[ale] using ipod touch or iphone with linux

Robert rs at ale.spam.futz.org
Sun May 31 10:14:43 EDT 2009

>So then we tried to import her mp3's into itunes so it would stop
>deleting everything. It refused the import. So we tried to rip the
>CD's again and found out that was not possible.

This sounds like typical Microsoft fanboy rhetoric, which is odd because I
don't picture you as the type. :-)  Just because you couldn't get it working,
doesn't mean it's not possible. iTunes would have never gotten to where it was
today if these two simple tasks really were not possible..

>As a Linux user and freedom zealot, I'm very glad Microsoft came out
>on top and not apple. Every time I power on the G4 I get an urge to
>goosestep around the room while it boots up.

hahahahahahahaha.... Well, looking at the backgrounds of the two companies,
and how they got started, I like to think that Apple wouldn't have been as bad
as Microsoft. But given how corporate America works, and Job's personality, I
can see that it might have been just as greedy. Who know if Woz would have
been able to keep it in check...

Robert

--
Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.