[ale] OT: Neat media pc

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sat May 30 00:17:05 EDT 2009

Richard Bronosky wrote:

> Ultimately I love it. I want a MythTV front end that I can velcro to
> the back of my TV. You are, however, paying quite a premium for the
> size. It's the price and size of a similarly spec'ed netbook, even
> though it lacks storage and a screen.

FWIW, most netbooks use the more power-hungry Atom N CPU and 945G
chipset. The Inspiron Mini 12 is one of the few that uses the Atom Z and
Poulsbo chipset. It weighs about 3 pounds and the lowest cost model is
$399. Of course, that comes with a battery, hard drive, screen, etc...

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts