[ale] Another nvidia question

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed May 27 11:16:48 EDT 2009

I'm not sure what distribution you're using, but with openSUSE I just add the nvida source to my repository, and when the kernel updates it has always "just works".
Before I did that I had to rerun the nvidia installation after each kernel update, but it wasn't a big deal. It just booted into a command line and I could take it from there.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Pete Hardie <pete.hardie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to have xorg.conf "rollover" to something like vesa if
> the nvidia drivers don't work with the kernel?

Isn't this the kind of thing that "unbreakable X" was supposed to do?
It is exceptionally difficult to Google for, BTW.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.