[ale] Reading shared folders with Evolution?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon May 18 19:18:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> try adding a symlink in your ~/.evolution (or ~/evolution or
> ~/.gnome/evolution -it moves all over) that points to the shared
> folder. ditto on the index file.

Thanks, Jim.  I'm not sure if that answers my question.  In my case
the other user made it so that I could readd one of his outlook
folders on the exchange server.  I don't know how to use a symlink in
my ~/.evolution directory to the shared folder.  Do you have any
further instructions?

> I'm not sure if evolution will work for rw on group perms or if it
> only sees user perms.

I rebooted to windows, but couldn't do it there, either.  Utlimately
he exported the folder to csv.  Outlook only crashed once before the
export work.  :-p

Michael