[ale] windows printers

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu May 14 16:05:10 EDT 2009

On Thu May 14 2009, James Sumners wrote:
> First, set your Debian box up with a static IP. If you are going to
> share devices from it then there is no reason it should have a dynamic
> IP.
I did make it a static IP, but I replaced my old netgear router with a
linksys, and had problems getting it to work with the 192.168.10.? subnet,
but 192.168.10.100 range worked fine.. I forgot about the printer...

> Second, go to the Control Panel > Printers. Right click the printer
> and choose "Properties". Edit the IP address in the "Location" field
> on the "General". Next, go to the "Ports" tab and "Configure..." the
> port. Change the IP address. Done.
I tried that. When I right-click & select properties, it comes back with an
error dialog box:
Printer properties cannot be displayed. Make sure that you have typed the name
correctly, and that the printer is connected to the network.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800