[ale] [OT] make dsl modem visible?

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Fri Jul 24 13:28:32 EDT 2009

I set this up on my wrt54gs a while ago. With the stock firmware, I
could not find a way to do this. I changed the router to DD-WRT, and I
was able to put a 192.168.1.x address on the WAN port, add a route on
the router so that 192.168.1.x bypassed the pppoe tunnel and was
routed directly out the WAN port, and add a static router to the modem
so that it could communicate back. My internal LAN is on the
192.168.0.x subnet.

I don't have that modem any more, so I can't offer up my config as an
example.