[ale] Not so evil empire

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Jul 15 13:43:07 EDT 2009

Dennis Ruzeski wrote:
> Wow-- Someone needs to lighten up a little. I certainly didn't get the
> impression that anyone was judging you..

So how do you take "Or have a serious attitude" and "perhaps it's
because I don't call them dweebs."  I certainly see those as judgmental
statements.

To further elaborate on the whole issue.  I did not call the sales
person a dweeb to his face or make that reference to the customer.  I
simply stated my personal opinion, based on experience regarding Windows
Vista.  I had simply suggested the person stick with Windows XP.

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com
> <mailto:lists at serioustechnology.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dylan Northrup wrote:
>      > Or have a serious attitude.  I've offered my advice many times to
>     customers
>      > in Best Buy (even in contradiction to what a sales associate has
>     said) and
>      > not once have I had an issue.  Perhaps it's because I don't call them
>      > dweebs, but it could be something else entirely.
>
>     So you judge me based on the fact I called the sales person a dweeb?
>     Note, I called him a dweeb because he went looking for his manager to
>     have me ejected.  I was not confrontational in any way.  Maybe you
>     should get to know a person before you start judging them.
>
>      >
>      > A long time ago, (15.07.09), in a galaxy far, far away, J. D. wrote:
>      >
>      > :=If you get ejected from a best buy, you must be a geek.
>      > :=
>      > :=On 7/15/09, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com
>     <mailto:lists at serioustechnology.com>> wrote:
>      > :=> Jim Moore wrote:
>      > :=>> This was a timely post in that yesterday went looking at
>     Best Buy for a
>      > :=>> new cable modem.  Have been using a Linksys which keeps
>     losing the
>      > :=>> connection.  Oh well the thing's more than five years old
>     and was a hand
>      > :=>> me down from my brother in law.
>      > :=>
>      > :=> I won't darken the doors of Best Buy.  Do a google search on
>     "best buy"
>      > :=> "bait and switch".
>      > :=>
>      > :=> Also, I was once asked to leave because I gave advice
>     contrary to a
>      > :=> salesperson to a prospective customer.  The customer actually
>     had asked
>      > :=> my opinion as we had been discussing computers before the
>     sales dweeb
>      > :=> showed up.
>      >

>     --
>     Until later, Geoffrey
>
>     Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
>     temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>      - Benjamin Franklin

Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin