[ale] ClassNotFoundException even though the class is there

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jul 13 00:03:23 EDT 2009

> Java development is my day job, and I rarely have problems with JVM
> upgrades. Only times I've had problems is when the updates fail or
> some corruption occurs. A message earlier indicated the update got
> interrupted and a subsequent reinstall fixed the problem.

Maybe you have the magic formula, I hope you are making a mint. Seriously.

Heck, on my main desktop, apt-get has some issue because somehow
I have both JRE 1.5 and 1.6 on my system.. it's even got apt
confused. My desktop is due for an upgrade anyway... (it's 8.04).

I only need to run 3 Java applets.. and when my system went to 1.6
so I could run the Virtual KVM in a server, the other 2 apps
no longer work. Luckilly, I already have those devices configured
and they are running.