[ale] Linux Bowl - Any Ideas?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:50:27 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 15:03 +0000, Steve Searle wrote:
> > Around 02:56pm on Thursday, January 29, 2009 (UK time), Patrick
> O'Callaghan scrawled:
> >
> > > I always thought it had something to do with the trophy (viz. FA Cup,
> > > Ashes, etc.) but I speak from the vantage point of complete ignorance.
> >
> > From Wikipedia: Bowl game ...The term "bowl" originated from the Rose
> > Bowl Stadium, site of the first post-season college football games. The
> > Rose Bowl stadium takes its name and bowl-shaped design from the Yale
> > Bowl, the prototype of many football stadiums in the United States...
> >
> > > poc (not-an-American-either)
>
> Ahh! I'd looked up Rose Bowl before posting, but the Wikipedia page
> didn't have that info directly. Now I feel I've learned something :-)
>
> poc

Ah, you folks are awesome.  I love the community.  Some really good, bad,
and funny ideas for the domain name.  Keep 'em coming and we'll make
something of this silly purchase yet!  Personally; I like the news bit,
competitive ideas, linux-related ads. All good ideas, but sounds like  a lot
of work too. :D

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.