[ale] OT: Digitizing my old vinyl

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Fri Aug 21 09:23:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:55:16AM -0400, Scott Castaline wrote:
> On 08/20/2009 10:04 PM, Daniel Howard wrote:
> > This little ART v2 USB preamp looks pretty good, but limitations are 16
> > bit/48 kHz sampling.  One reviewer said they wished it did 24 bit/96
> > kHz.  I don't think my old Denon has that kind of SNR anyway...
> >
> > http://solodeals.com/USB-PhonoPlus-V2-ARTcessory/M/B000BBGCCI.htm
> >
> > Best, Daniel

> Both you and Ryan pointed out 2 very feasible means of doing this. Ryan
> pointed out the AMON by Infasonic which does support up to 24bit/96kHz.
> My only concern of the AMON is the impedance of analog inputs. I don't
> recall the output impedance of a turntable w/o preamp. Now the problem
> with both hdwe solutions is sftwe. Can I get these to work with Linux?
> If not, anybody know of any of these boxes that will?

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that I have not gotten the AMON to work with
Linux.  I have a laptop running Windows floating around that I use with
Audacity.  However, it is possible that through some level of hackery (VMs
maybe?) you could get it "working".

--
Ryan Curtin       | "What? Facts?"
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Joe Cairo