[ale] clear? Cloudy?

Grady Harris nolan.voight at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:05:13 EDT 2009

An older friend, whose technical competence is medical, not
mechanical, has an older Toshiba laptop that had become unusable under
WIndows. When "The Geeks," as she kept calling them, couldn't get it
working, she brought it into the library, & asked me if I could rescue
her files. I did so, with a LiveCD, which delighted & impressed her,
so we tried a few distros. The one that worked best within the limits
of the memory--128 Mb--w/ sufficient visual help to be useful for her
turned out to be zenwalk.

She's been very happy with it, called me from a couple of conference &
airports in other cities to get walked through getting the wireless up
again, but it has always, to my amazement, ended up working. Now,
however, she has signed up for Clear wimax. I have no experience of
that, either. Any of y'all had any success? Please tell me it's no
problem.

Grady