[ale] WARNING - RANT Re: Comcast Caps Data at 250G/Month

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Sep 8 08:16:45 EDT 2008

Jim Popovitch wrote:

> They may not even be planning on counting the bytes.  I suspect that
> they will do nothing in October except perhaps monitor a few select
> customers/areas and only when a "target" exceeds 250G will they go
> after them and say "we don't want you any more".  As it is now,
> Comcast knows when a network segment is saturated (there are several
> media reports of how they have addressed saturated spots in the past)
>  The new 250GB rule gives them teeth to use when they find the
> person(s) responsible for the saturation.

I've not followed this thread terribly accurately, but you say something
that prompts a question: 'they go after them and say "we don't want you
any more"'

I've been assuming all along that you would simply see an additional
charge for the overage on your bill, as in when my daughter exceeds her
text message limit on her cell.   Are you saying they would simply tell
you they were going to terminate your service?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin