[ale] WARNING - RANT Re: Comcast Caps Data at 250G/Month

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Sat Sep 6 22:45:57 EDT 2008

2008/9/6 Michael B. Trausch <mike at trausch.us>:
> My take (though it would appear to be a rather unpopular one) is that
> the company should have the hardware to support all its customers, or
> stop getting new customers.

Well that all depends on the customers.  They are building a Starbucks
near Piedmont Park in Atlanta (across the street from Grady High
School).  Up the road at Ponce de Leon there are ~100 homeless people.
  If Starbucks starts to only "sell" free restroom service and cups of
water, I'm betting they will do something to change their customer
demographic.... and I would wholly support them doing so as (as a
stock holder via a mutual fund) they are not going to profit from
freebies nor cups of water.

Back to Comcast, if 1% of users are causing headaches for 99% (or even
if it's 5%/95%), then I can't blame them for looking for creative ways
to boot the headaches.

-Jim P.