[ale] VMWare ESX shared disk?

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Fri May 23 09:08:08 EDT 2008

I don't believe ESX provides that exact functionality.  It does allow you to set up shared storage amongst the VMs.  In other words, create a virtual disk image on the ESX host, and allow all the VMs to see it.  However, if all the VMs are going to have access to it simultaneously, it'll have to be formatted with a cluster filesystem (e.g. GFS, ocfs, etc).

-Tim