[ale] printers

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu May 8 14:28:49 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 13:39 -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> You can't beat the HP laser printers for longevity.  I received a USED
> HP LaserJet 4L around 1999 and have printed well over 20,000 pages
> since then.

I can state nearly the same about my current printer, too; the only
thing that I really don't like about it is that 6,000 pages is not long
enough between toner cartridge changes.  :-)  I'm kidding, of course.

Seriously, though, I rather like the form factor of this printer.  I've
never had it break on me, though it is designed well enough that should
it ever _need_ repair, it's possible.  I honestly hope that I can
replace it soon, though: automatic duplexing, and PostScript 3 support
are both "killer features" for me, and color wouldn't hurt either, given
that there are _lots_ of documents out there that take advantage of
color to make them more readable.  Fortunately, this is coming into the
realm of possibility... last time I looked at color duplexing printers
before this thread started (admittedly, a long time ago) they were way
more expensive then they are today.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us