[ale] printers

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed May 7 11:23:39 EDT 2008

ok, so this has probably been beaten to death numerous times.. My wife thinks
we need another printer.. my workhorse Epson 880 is having issues... blue
lines across the pages...
I saw a really neat Lexmark Wireless at Sams, X7550, but it looks like a
paperweight for Linux.
I need a cheap, workhorse day-to-day printer that won't eat my alive with
cartridge costs.. would be nice if it worked with Linux, networking/wireless
is even better, but not necessary. I was able to share my HP 8510 photo
printer, so my wife can print from her laptop, but I sorta want to save that
one for photos... and those cartridges aren't cheap!
I've had good luck with the Epsons, but they aren't the best for linux..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800