[ale] Exporting M$ Express mail files (MacOS -> ???)

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue May 6 10:29:39 EDT 2008

Jim -

Thanks - but there's one hitch: I haven't found a version of thunderbird I
can install under MacOS-8.6. Does anyone know of a work-around? I can
export any given file or most directories from the iMac through 'ftp' or
USB stick. I can them import them into a WinTel PC where I could install
'thunderbird'.

I vaguely recall backing up a file called "Identities" when I upgraded M$
Outlook Distress to v-5 in this iMac. Does that sound right for any other
environments?

I'll go looking for '*.pst' and '*.wab' files and see what I do find.

  - Mills