[ale] ALE CENTRAL MTG. THURSDAY, JULY 17, 7:30pm

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Jul 14 09:34:40 EDT 2008

Our Featured Presentation for the
Thursday, July 17th , 7:30pm
ALE Central meeting will be:

Securing Communications with OpenVPN
presented by Brian MacLeod

Synopsis:
Whether it is at the office, on the campus or at home, secure network
traffic is becoming more and more important.  Learn how you can set
up your own basic virtual private network with OpenVPN, and what
advantages and disadvantages might be found in using it.

Bio:
Brian MacLeod is a Linux System Administrator and developing VOIP
geek at Georgia Gwinnett College.  When he is not exorcising the
Micro$oft demons or listening to echoes in telephones, he likes to play
around with critical network services to see what he can break...
err... improve.

We will be meeting in our usual Gambrel Hall room 1C venue.
Meeting time frame is 7:30pm to ~9:30pm
Directions to Emory Law School can be found at
<http://www.ale.org/new/directions-to-ale-central/>

This meeting announcement info is also available to the public
at  <http://www.ale.org>