[ale] Within-Box Port Forwarding

Ashley Wilson awilson at smartfurniture.com
Mon Feb 25 08:45:53 EST 2008

I've not done that with iptables, but I have done it with xinetd.  You may also consider using Apache http server and mod_jk, especially if you will be using SSL.  That way you can let Apache worry about http/https and Tomcat can focus on JSP.  That's what I typically do and it works great for me.

ashley wilson | network administrator | smart furniture
430 market street | chattanooga tn | 37402
awilson at smartfurniture.com | 423 267 7270x1402
www.smartfurniture.com | design on demand