[ale] java update ad

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:02:39 EDT 2008

As much as the near constant java updates are annoying, that might make the
poor slobs stuck in mickeysoft land give OOo a look-see.

Maybe when java 7 comes out, Sun will just package OOo in with the update
and auto-replace the OTHER product like Apple did with Safari and the iTunes
update.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com>
wrote:

> I was on my laptop, on the dark side, and it ran a java update to 6.5.
> During
> the java update, the java progress screen had a big window with an ad for
> OpenOffice... a full-featured suite that's compatible with that OTHER
> Office... cute!!
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800