[ale] [Fwd: Worldwide 2008 Mandriva Linux Spring Installfest]

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Apr 19 18:14:15 EDT 2008

Since I'm not active with the ALE meetings, I thought I'd forward this
to the list.  As I understand it, when a LUG registers to participate,
Mandriva will send goodies.  At least this is the way it was last year.

Someone want to pick the torch on this one?

Worldwide 2008  Mandriva Linux Spring Installfest

Mandriva rallies the community of Linux users in many cities across the
globe on June, the 14th, 2008.

In order to bring Linux to new users and present the new features and
technologies available in Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, Mandriva is
mobilizing its network of Linux User Groups (LUGs) to coordinate a
worldwide Installfest on June, 14th , 2008.

Installations of Mandriva Linux One and Free will take place all around
the world, thanks to the Linux community. Major participating locations
will include the United States, China, Poland, Argentina and France.
Expert Mandriva Linux users are invited to assist beginners to help them
get started with the operating system. Participants will be able to:

Get help on installing Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring on their laptop or
desktop free of charge.
View demonstrations of all that can be done with Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring.
Get answers to their questions.
Meet other Mandriva Linux users, and chat with their local community.

The installation is often the toughest step for a beginner willing to
adopt a new operating system. This is why Mandriva invites anyone
wishing to know Linux better to join the free install fests on June,
14th. These installfests are made possible thanks to the power of the
knowledge sharing spirit, one of the keystones of the open source community.

In order to be the most efficient, please give us all the informations
required below, and send them back to: lugs at mandriva.com:

Name:
Location of the Install Party
Number of persons :
Shipping addres:
Name:
Street:
Zip Code:
Town:

Get more information about Mandriva Linux:
http://www.mandriva.com/linux

Have a look at our Mandriva Club with all the information you need to
get started:
http://club.mandriva.com/

Get more information on Mandriva's offer:
http://store.mandriva.com/

Manage your acccount :
https://my.mandriva.com/newsletter/

--