[ale] small hardware platforms

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Fri Apr 18 15:34:05 EDT 2008

David Hamm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a while now I've been producting a product using Kuro Boxes.  Kuro Boxes
> can bee seen here http://www.revogear.com and http://www.kurobox.com.  They
> have either a 266mghz Motorola Power PC or a 400mghz ARM processor and use a
> standard IDE or SATA HD with 128 megs of ram.
>
> Does anyone know of a similar platform?

The Linksys NSLU2 and other ixp4xx-based devices. Like the LinkStation
and TeraStation that the kurobox is based on these are marketed as NASes
but can assorted specialized linux-based firmwares or Debian [0].

Have you read through the article archives at LinuxDevices [1]? You
might find something there.

[0] http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
[1] http://www.linuxdevices.com/

-Brian