[ale] small hardware platforms

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 18 13:20:43 EDT 2008

David -

Have you looked at: [http://www.embeddedarm.com/index.php]?

We used their ARM TS-7200 at EMS. It ran the Cirrus/Technologic port of
Linux, but there are other choices. We didn't use any HDD but the current
models support SATA II. (I did use ethernet-NFS and USB storage.) They
were used to manage and monitor cell-phone repeaters, boxed and installed
in attics, outdoors, etc. with little or no cooling. Naturally you can
hook most PC-104 expansions onto it. We had done a data interface with a
Sierra cell-Phone modem. ("Antenna, phone home!")

  - John