[ale] a disk is just a disk?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 09:08:07 EDT 2008

I used gparted live cd to copy/resize a small EIDE disk (60G) to a bigger
EIDE disk (120G).  The new disk was in an external USB enclosure.
gparted saw 60G as hda and 120G as sdb. It successfully copied & grew all
five partitions (4 linux ext3 & 1 fat32).

Now I am ready to take this EIDE disk out of the USB enclosure & to replace
the smaller EIDE disk. / & MBR  & GRUB is on a separate SATA disk (sda)

would the net changes on the new disk differ, somehow,  when parted did all
its magic thinking it handled a SCSI disk instead of a EIDE disk?