[ale] SELinux & OOo

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Oct 17 22:59:50 EDT 2007

I was troubleshooting a minor issue with my HP printer and had disabled
SELinux to see if it was interfering. After determining that SELinux was
not the culprit, I re enabled, rebooted. The system protested and stated
that I needed to allow relabeling of my harddrives, so I rebooted again
to do this and now OOo will not start. When I start from terminal I'll
get: "no suitable windowing system found, exiting.". If I set SELinux to
permissive or disabled OOo starts with no problem. The troubleshooter
does not show any errors. Any ideas why this would happen? I've already
tried another relabel, with no change. Permanent disable is not an
option as we have a couple of people in the complex that attack on a
regular basis. With the help of Charter we do have it narrowed down to 3
buildings, mine being one of them. So far my PC has been unscathed since
I started using SELinux, so I intend to keep it that way. My wife's PC
is a different story.