[ale] Ubuntu 6.06 can't start X - says "bad version"

John Caruso jcaruso4 at csc.com
Mon Oct 15 12:21:51 EDT 2007

I can't install because X won't start. I went to wiki.x.org and the latest
is 7.3 - install has 7.0. I went to the ale archives for October and
extensive disc there said use txt version for install.
I am downloading that now and will try again. I have a new Comcrap with
ECS mboard that ECS doesn't support and nvidia chipset. Suggestions at
ubuntu are mainly for the pci version for nvidia.

At this point am I fighting the vagaries of the live cd or a problem with
the chipset? Thanks.

Regards....John

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.