[ale] Synergy WAS: Cyclades Console Server

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:11:33 EDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Dr. Brian J. Dowd <bdowd at dentfirst.com> wrote:

> Has anyone here used "Synergy"
> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
> (a KVM software solution)
> instead of hardware switches?

Oh yes, I absolutely love it. The only thing it doesn't have, which a KVM
switch and other similar (commercial) programs like it have, is the ability
to switch input to a screen with some key combination (like shit+ctrl 1 and
then enter). In some situations you might need a keyboard physically
attached to the computer; like on the Windows login screen when you have to
type the ctrl+alt+del combination. That's only a problem at work, of course
:)  I really can't get over how cool it is though, definitely in the top 10
programs of all time :)

-Steve