[ale] I almost have sendmail working but for one slight problem

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 10:54:00 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 10:45 -0400, Jim wrote:
> So is there a way to tell sendmail my host name is that horrible adsl
> line but leave the system hostname alone?

Yes, But why?  You should be able to use any registered domainname as
long as you are using BellSouth's mailservers as "smart hosts" within
you sendmail config.

Back to your question.... In Sendmail, you want masquerading.  Basically
you can do stuff like this in sendmail.mc:

   define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `<your_domainname>')
   FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
   FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)

Don't forget to recompile the .mc into .cf.

-Jim P.