[ale] Hrm. Xen.

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 15:55:54 EDT 2007

Well, after that presentation I thought I would try my hands at Xen,
since I have been looking for something to get my server kinda
partitioned up and portable anyway.  I had the perfect opportunity since
I had to reinstall for some non-related reasons, so I figured why not.

Getting the Dom0/host system running was the easy part, it seems.  Just
install the right stuff with Ubuntu and Grub picks it up and is quite
happy.  Setting it up to use LVM for the guest systems was also pretty
easy.  But... getting guests to run on it seems to be a bit of a pain.
I can't figure out how to put my preferred version of Ubuntu server in
the guests, (leaving me with dapper, or dapper->edgy->feisty which
doesn't seem to work so well), and I wanted to try having a couple of
other systems to test things on without having to have real hardware for
them (like Free/Net/OpenBSD) but getting any one of those running, well,
hasn't happened yet.  *shrugs*

Does anyone have Xen working (well) with any non-Linux system running
under a Linux Dom0?

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!