[ale] Clock problems with two SuSE setups

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Jun 4 11:42:08 EDT 2007

Are you using ntp to keep your "system" time in sync with known clocks
such as GPS devices or U.S. Naval Observatory servers tick and tock?

If so you might want to use hwclock command to update the hardware
clocks from the system time periodically.  The only time the hwclock is
really used is at boot up to set the initial system time at boot.   I've
seen folks in another forum have issues and doing this seemed to resolve
things for them.