[ale] Entry lever question: How to install SUSE linux on a VM

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:09:40 EDT 2007

as long as you have either a CD or an iso of the installer, you can install
into the vm

but yes, you need to make the vm, then start it like it was a machine, and
walk through the install steps

WMM

On 7/31/07, Hxsrmeng <hxsrmeng at gmail.com> wrote:

> How to install a install a SUSE linux system on my virtual machine?
>
> I have VMware Server 1.0.3 installed. The host operating system is
> Ubuntu Liunx 7.04 (local host)
> I'd like to have a VM with SUSE linux system.
>
> SO should I download a SUSE on my host system, and run "vmware". And
> then in the vmware console to install SUSE from the host system? Or I
> need to make an install CD or something like it?
>
> Thanks.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2