[ale] Transition from OS X to Ubuntu complete...but....Flash?

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:45:15 EDT 2007

> On 7/30/07, John Wells <jb at sourceillustrated.com > wrote:b. in the absence
> of (a), do you have any suggestions on getting an application working from a
> remote machine with sound? I know that there is a way to do this with remote
> X, but because this is a wireless connection with limited (broadcom drivers
> will only go to 11 mbps, even though card and AP are 802.11G) speed and
> the overhead of PPTP, I'd like to compress it in some way, likely ala ssh
> -C.

Have you looked into pulseaudio? I'm not sure it would work with an ssh
session, but I believe sound still plays on the host (the one with the ssh
server) when you're logged into it. If so, pulseaudio will allow you to
route that sound to the computer that is connected via ssh. I'm not sure it
can handle your connection limitations though. Seems a bit overkill for you
want :)

HTH,
Steve B