[ale] Notebook Recommendations?

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 15 21:45:17 EDT 2007

I would definitely recommend the IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads, and the T series
in particular. I have been using the ThinkPads for several years, and
have been totally satisfied with my experiences. The only problem I've
ever had wasn't caused by the laptop or it's design. The IBM/Lenovo
models are well supported in Ubuntu, too.

I don't know how you value specific performance and convenience
features, but if you can find something in this series that will work
for you, I don't think you'll be displeased at all.

My son-in-law has just purchased one of the Lenovo brand laptops (not a
ThinkPad), and he is quite pleased with the price/performance value.

Dan