[ale] PXE Boot from CD?

David Tomaschik ozone at webgroup.org
Tue Jul 10 16:27:59 EDT 2007

I have an old (P2, IIRC) notebook computer with a dud hard drive that's
just been sitting around.  While it's not that critical, I thought it
would be fun to get it working (at least somewhat).  My thoughts were to
get it to PXE boot with NFS root off my home lan server (which has
plenty of disk space).  Unfortunately, it has no integrated network,
only a PCMCIA network card (obviously not directly bootable).  So I
thought there might be a LiveCD of some sort available to allow PXE
booting.  It seems fairly simple, but googling has found lots of people
asking about it, but little in the way of direct answers.

Thanks for your time!
David