[ale] /usr/lib/locale on Debian-ish systems?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 10 14:35:46 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 06:29:43PM +0000, John Wells wrote:
> Anyone know how the files in /usr/lib/locale (on Debian or Ubuntu) are generated?

I believe they are generated with localedef from sources in
/usr/share/i18n/locales.  At least that's the way it works on my gentoo
system, and it appears to be the same on another Debian box of mine.

To generate the directory, use something like the following:

localedef -v -c -i /usr/share/i18n/locales/en_US /usr/lib/locale/en_US

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9