[ale] A bit of a bandwidth/services/price rant..

Alex LeDonne aledonne.listmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 11:46:12 EST 2007

On 2/19/07, Jerald Sheets <questy at gmail.com> wrote:
> SpeedFactory
> 49.95/mo
> 3M Down
> 384k Up
> Never a downtime that isn't BellSouth's fault.
> Geeks on staff.
> Never in my hair.
>
> --j

Good to know. Of course, I omitted the deciding factor that led me to
Speakeasy: naked DSL (http://speakeasy.net/home/onelink/). I pay a
slight premium for Speakeasy to make Bellsouth their problem
exclusively. I couldn't (and can't) find such an option for
SpeedFactory.

Speakeasy also allows e-commerce even on a residential plan,
SpeedFactory restricts that to a business plan (although the cost
difference for a SpeedFactory business plan appears to be minimal).

-Alex