[ale] pgp snafu

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Feb 13 19:08:21 EST 2007

Suddenly noticed that I can not read my own encrypted emails.

That is,  if I send out an encrypted email, the copy stored in my
"sent-mail" folder is encrypted and I can NOT read it.
I get the message: "Encrypted message (decryption not possible)
Reason: Crypto plug-in "openpgp" could not decrypt the data.
Error: Bad passphrase"

If I send myself an encrypted email, I get the same error message.

I checked and the software is using the correct key. Or at least it
says it is.

I'm using Kmail v. 1.9.1 on an FC3 box.  Encryption was working fine
two weeks ago. What is supposed to happen is a dialog box pops up
asking me to input my passphrase.  Now I do not see that box.

Clues would be appreciated.

Sean