[ale] GeForce 7300 NVIDIA card with linux

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 10 19:10:23 EST 2007

You shouldn't have to go thru this trouble.  If you have installed the 9746 package you can download directly from nvidia then you have to have the kernel source installed so it can compile the new module.  Once that is done then it installs and says it is done.  The last thing it asks is if you want it to configure your xorg.conf to point to the new driver.  All this really does is change "nv" to "nvidia" in the device section of the xorg.conf.  If you already had the nvidia driver available as a kernel module that I had posted is available via a yast2 repo at ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.2/ then you would need to make sure that was uninstalled before you installed the nvidia .run package.  At least when I was learning this stuff on 10.1 I screwed up my nvidia install.  Had to revert to the nv driver.  Uninstall the nvidia packages via Yast2.  And then finally install the latest .run package downloaded manually from nvidia.
Hope this helps,
Dow