[ale] RHES daylight savings time patch

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 12:21:06 EST 2007

RHES 3 or RHEL 4 ?
For RHES 3, it is just an updated tzdata rpm. For RHEL 4, I believe it is
there already. Here is the changelog for tzdata-2006m rpm on CentOS 4.4(RHEL AS
4.4)

* Thu Jan 05 2006 Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> 2005r-2

- 2005r
  - Zones EST, MST, HST, EST5EDT, CST6CDT, MST7MDT, PST8PDT moved to
    northamerica to guard against old files with obsolete information
    being left in the time zone binary directory.
  - Changes for countries that are supposed to join 2007 US DST
    change.  This includes most of Canada, however entries already in
    the database (Alberta, British Columbia, Newfoundland, Northwest
    Territories, and Yukon) were left alone for the time being.
  - Fixes in zdump.c (abbrok): conditions are chained, and the string
    is checked for emptiness.