[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 23:49:44 EDT 2006

I have not been a member of this list for long (almost a year, probably).
But the whole reason I joined this list, as apposed to any other Linux
mailling list, is because it's local. I have not been able to make it out to
one of the meetings (school and work), but I like the idea of community and
having fun with some like minded people. I expected the friendly OT chat,
and thought this seemed like a list full a friends.

I wasn't here during the 2nd Clinton election or any other time when things
got out of hand, so I could be wrong, but it seems that most of the OT chat
wasn't ment to annoy anyone on purpose.  Which is why I would think that a
seperate list for stictly on-topic talk is the right way to go.

Again, I am new to this whole thing, so please don't weigh my opinion too
heavily. And I hope to meet all of you face to face at a meeting in the
future.

-Steve Brown